Das Volks Vintage Volkswagen Gruppe

Long Island's source for the aircooled Volkswagen Hobby

Nassau tax greiving

The place for off-topic discussions [non-VW related]

Nassau tax greiving

Postby Glenn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Anyone have a recommendation?
Glenn
74 Beetle Specs | 74 Beetle Restoration | 2180cc Engine

"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

iRide4Sue.org Please Donate to fight Cancer. $26,000 raised in 2019
User avatar
Glenn
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:20 pm
Location: Long Island, New York, USA
First Name: Glenn
Vehicle Year: 1974
Model: Beetle

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:20 am

I don't have a person but I do recommend you do it, I do every 3 years. The people who do it won't take your case if they don't think they can save you money because they don't make money that way.

I have family that live in Nassau and have heard horror stories.
I'm not an air cooled snob , I like them all !

Brown wrote:Tom is right!
User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Under the bus
First Name: Tom

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby Glenn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Tom, i never did it before because my house was under assessed by a lot, so i never wanted to rock the boat. Nassau just reassessed my to the correct market value, so now it's time to grieve.

I've seen a few companies but they seem to take 50%. Just wondering if there's one that takes less.
Glenn
74 Beetle Specs | 74 Beetle Restoration | 2180cc Engine

"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

iRide4Sue.org Please Donate to fight Cancer. $26,000 raised in 2019
User avatar
Glenn
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:20 pm
Location: Long Island, New York, USA
First Name: Glenn
Vehicle Year: 1974
Model: Beetle

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby Raj » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Glenn wrote:Tom, i never did it before because my house was under assessed by a lot, so i never wanted to rock the boat. Nassau just reassessed my to the correct market value, so now it's time to grieve.

I've seen a few companies but they seem to take 50%. Just wondering if there's one that takes less.


Do it yourself. Its very easy and you keep 100% of the savings. Happy to walk you through it if you want.
Glenn wrote:I have to say, this "gruppe" is so much more than just a car club.


MrBreeze wrote:This is the DVG board. The threads flow as they flow.
Deal with it.
User avatar
Raj
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Raj, Don't you have to appear to grieve your taxes ?
I'm not an air cooled snob , I like them all !

Brown wrote:Tom is right!
User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Under the bus
First Name: Tom

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby Raj » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 am

Tom wrote:Raj, Don't you have to appear to grieve your taxes ?



Negative. First you appeal online. When / If they deny it you can appeal that and actually appear at the Small Claim Trial. Sounds bigger then it is. It really just a you and some town guy arguing over the value of your house in front of a neutral 3rd party. If you have your shit in order and justify your proposed value, they will sway in your favor or simply counter.

People that complain about LI taxes and generally not aware that they have some viable options.

Disclaimer.... This is Nassau only. At my old house in Farmingdale ( suffolk), it wasn't as cut/ dry.
Glenn wrote:I have to say, this "gruppe" is so much more than just a car club.


MrBreeze wrote:This is the DVG board. The threads flow as they flow.
Deal with it.
User avatar
Raj
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Nassau tax greiving

Postby ObnoxiousBlue » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am

Raj wrote:Disclaimer.... This is Nassau only. At my old house in Farmingdale ( suffolk), it wasn't as cut/ dry.


Shakes fist in your general direction...
User avatar
ObnoxiousBlue
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Above ground...
First Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 1964
Model: Beetle


Return to Tire Kicking



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
DVG WebMail Login
cron